In addendum to my prior post, I feel that I need to explain a little more about dactylic hexameter. First of all, so I'm not seen as completely stupid, I understand completely the example that I gave before of strawberry, strawberry, strawberry, strawberry, strawberry, jam pot. What I should have said however, is that I didn't get the rest of the examples that they provided. So, for the three people that are reading, I decided that it is time for you to play along at home. The following examples are in dactylic meter, not hexameter. So you are looking three syllable "feet" with the accent on the first syllable. Three of the following sentences are in dactylic meter. Feel free to place your guesses in the comment section to show off the depths of your wisdom and to humiliate me. Enjoy!
1. In Xanadu did Kubla Khan.
2. Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary.
3. This is the forest primeval. The murmuring pines and the hemlocks.
4. Look on my works, ye mighty and despair.
5. The outlook wasn't brilliant for the Mudville nine that day.
6. The nox was lit by lux of luna and twas a nox most opportuna.
7. Leaped like the roe, when he hears in the woodland...
8. The sea was wet as wet could be, the sands were dry as dry.
9. When voices of children are heard on the green.
10. Speaks, and in accents disconsolate answers...